International Standards on AML/CFT Regime
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is the international standards setting body on AML/CFT and FATF incorporates key principles of the following United Nations Conventions and Resolutions (UNSCRs) in developing the AML/CFT standards:
- The Vienna Convention (United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (1988)
- The Palermo Convention (The International Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime (2000)
- International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism
- Security Council Resolution 1373
- Security Council Resolution 1267 and its successors
Malaysia is a member of the Asia/Pacific Group on Money Laundering (APG) which is FATF-style regional body.